With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Engineering and Operations Manager – Electrical Distribution/Infrastructure
Education: Electrical Engineering Degree recognized by EGBC, registered or eligible for a PEng.
• Primary client contact at contract and senior management level.
• Plan adequate resources with appropriate skills and competencies
• Interface with other workgroups, and sub-consultants as needed to execute contracts
• Review and endorse proposals for new work requests
• Work with CA assistant to track variances and take corrective action as required
• Ensure quality programs are in place and being followed. Work with the Quality Audit team within the RDE Contract framework and report nonconforming items.
• Collect report information from PMs and with the help of the CA assistant prepare progress reports for monthly contract meetings.
• Provide backup to PMs, project leads, and design leads as needed.
• Coordinate three major teams
• Responsible for the generation of monthly billings of all unitized work
• Monitor productivity of each line of work and provide feedback
• Responsible for submission of contract renewals, extensions, and amendments
• Proven leadership skills working in technical teams
• Proven Project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple streams of work with competing timelines while maintaining high levels of quality.
• MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Experience in estimating and preparing budgets; analyzing financial reports; and managing billings.
• Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards is an asset
• Familiarity with standard industry design/analysis software for distribution systems at 35kV and below is an asset
• A range of distribution-related skills such as planning, system engineering, protection engineering, design, and project management is an asset
• Experience/technical knowledge in overhead/underground electric utility distribution systems; asset.
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills, as well as written/oral English
• Valid Class 5 Driver's License
This position is located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Please submit resumes at jobs.networkrecruiting.ca and ensure you check your junk mail for replies.