With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Mechanical Principal – Building Services Design
Education: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Build the project base and grow the team for the mechanical division
• Complete site visits for mechanical system assessments, warranty reviews, forensic
investigations, cooling assessments, and energy/carbon reduction assessments.
• Work with team members and partners to design and support the implementation of mechanical
retrofit solutions including heating, cooling, ventilation, and plumbing & drainage retrofits.
• Coordinate mechanical requirements with internal project teams and sub-consultants.
• Write reports; prepare and deliver presentations.
• Participate in and lead project meetings with owners, Stratas, and other consultants.
• Use independent judgement in assisting project teams in developing recommendations to clients.
• Provide specialist input to various projects across practice areas & regions, including new
construction, sustainability, policy and program, research, training, & guideline/publications projects.
• Provide training and review of work by junior staff.
• Support business development activities including client education, training programs and
• Network within the building community, including authoring papers and speaking engagements
at various industry events and seminars.
• Participate in strategic planning sessions.
• 5-10 years experience in design of HVAC and plumbing systems
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC
• Experience managing projects and mentoring juniors
• Experience with existing buildings is an asset
• Understanding of local building codes and municipal permitting processes
• Excellent ability to communicate technical information to clients, trades, employees, and project
managers while instilling confidence
• Analytical problem-solving skills and strong investigative aptitude, including ability to troubleshoot
and diagnose performance issues
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with clients, staff, and consultants
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, eager to assume responsibility and do what it takes to have successful projects
This position is in Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format. Ensure you check your junk mail folder for email replies to applications.