With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Energy Modeler – Building Services MEP
Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB, Calgary AB
My client is a well-established Building Services Consulting Engineering firm. They promote on ability, not seniority. Lots of room for growth, while providing mentorship to do so.
Education: Post-secondary education in mechanical or electrical engineering, building science or other related discipline
• Develop representative simulation models of HVAC and lighting systems to accurately estimate energy consumption and demand in commercial, residential and institutional buildings
• Calculate energy consumption and demand savings associated with energy conservation measures for new and existing buildings
• Provide design feedback to architects
• Provide feedback to engineers on HVAC design and operation
• Demonstrate compliance with energy codes and standards
• Complete building permit applications
• Complete energy efficiency incentive applications on behalf of our clients
• Conduct facility site visits as required
• Develop written documentation concerning recommended facility improvement measures, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify facility improvement measure
• Evaluate, interpret, clarify and explain complex specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data
• 1+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in a consulting environment or the Energy Management field is an asset
• Effective communication, both verbal and written, is critical for technical reporting and delivering presentations.
• Able to work well within a team, and communicate well with clients, consultants etc.
• A self-starter with the ability to produce and implement creative and innovative solutions
• A strong understanding of MEP building systems, energy markets, energy project implementation and the building construction process
• Proficiency with Microsoft office suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
• Asset to have eQuest, IES-VE, Trace and HAP working knowledge
• Good foundation of HVAC design and experience in building envelope, controls and commissioning would be an asset.