With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Mechanical Project Manager
This unique and exciting opportunity is an ideal role for someone with a background in mechanical design who is looking to join an innovative and growing team tackling the big challenges to make buildings better.
Retrofitting existing buildings is critical to address climate change, and we believe that by integrating building enclosure with mechanical expertise we can deliver exceptional results that maximize value to our clients while also benefiting the planet. As a Mechanical Project Engineer you will contribute to the project teams to deliver integrated engineering services across a range of projects primarily for existing buildings. You may also provide specialist input for new building projects, and contribute to research, energy performance, and sustainability project work.
Education: degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Build the project base and grow the team for the mechanical division
• Complete site visits for mechanical system assessments, warranty reviews, forensic investigations, cooling assessments, and energy/carbon reduction assessments.
• Work with team members and partners to design and support the implementation of mechanical retrofit solutions including heating, cooling, ventilation, and plumbing & drainage retrofits.
• Coordinate mechanical requirements with internal project teams and sub-consultants.
• Write reports; prepare and deliver presentations.
• Participate in and lead project meetings with owners, Stratas, and other consultants.
• Use independent judgement in assisting project teams in developing recommendations to clients.
• Provide specialist input to various projects across practice areas & regions, including new construction, sustainability, policy and program, research, training, & guideline/publications projects.
• Provide training and review of work by junior staff.
• Support business development activities including client education, training programs and proposal preparation.
• Network within the building community, including authoring papers and speaking engagements at various industry events and seminars.
• Participate in strategic planning sessions.
• 5-10 years experience in design of HVAC and plumbing systems
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with EGBC
• Experience with existing buildings is an asset
• Understanding of local building codes and municipal permitting processes is an asset
• Advanced technical knowledge of mechanical design principles, including local building codes
• Excellent ability to communicate technical information to clients, trades, employees, and project managers while instilling confidence
• Analytical problem-solving skills and strong investigative aptitude, including ability to troubleshoot and diagnose performance issues
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with clients, staff, and consultants
• Team player who fosters teamwork and cooperation
• Good ability to shift focus between changing priorities
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, eager to assume responsibility and do what it takes to have successful projects
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong desire to learn