With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Senior Structural Engineer (Project Manager) – (Buildings)
Education: Structural Engineering degree; Masters is an asset
• Lead and manage medium to large-sized buildings and specialty structure projects,
• Oversee project team, including junior and intermediate engineers, drafters, etc.;
• Manage project financial health;
• Manage monthly billing;
• Perform detailed structural design, including preparation of calculations, computer modeling, and analysis,
• Participate in and lead client meetings, facilitating solutions to design issues and challenges, and providing status updates;
• Conduct review of the architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural drawings;
• Be involved in ongoing communication and coordination with contractors, other consultants, and suppliers;
• Contribute to the team’s technical knowledge resources and mentor junior structural engineers to ensure project quality standards;
• Be creative and innovative in problem-solving;
• Want to work with a team that is passionate and dedicated in a fast-paced environment;
• Be driven to excel and outperform, while not taking yourself too seriously and contributing to a fun and welcoming work environment.
• 8+ years of experience in buildings design, leading projects in North America for 5 years plus in steel, concrete or wood.
• A registered P.Eng.
• A working knowledge and ability to use programs such as RFEM, S-Concrete, Tedds, MathCAD, other structural analysis software and other programs such as Bluebeam, Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Background in commercial, residential and/or institutional projects – NOT INDUSTRIAL
• An SE or experience with expressive structures is an asset