With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Mechanical Associate Building Services
My client is a growing organization with the immediate requirement for a self-motivated individual, with great interpersonal and communication skills. Working with the Principals, the Mechanical Associate will lead and direct all aspects of design, from conceptual design, through to detailed site review and commissioning processes.
Success will be measured on overall profitability as well as quality of the interaction with their clients and with the leadership provided to the design staff.
Education/Experience: Relevant working experience (7 years +) with a PEng or CET designation
- Project Control (Design and Implementation of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection in commercial, institutional, municipal, multi-residential building applications)
- Project implementation
- Understand the scope of services and deliverables
- Prepare and monitor the schedule of tasks
- Liaise with consultants, architects, vendors etc.
- Demonstrate initiative, organize and attend meetings
- Capable of delivering presentations to clients/owners
- Understands construction project procurement methodologies
- Project implementation
- Professional responsibilities, multi-discipline focus, considered a technical expert
- Technical / Design
- Reviews and manages the design, existing installations, in terms of budget and impact on project
- Prepares or manages the calculations, equipment selection etc.
- Coordination of documents
- Construction Administration
- Advanced Financial Management
- Monitor the input by the team so hours neither exceed fees nor goes outside the scope of service
- Deliver an integrated project that is fully coordinated between disciplines
- Client Relationship Management - the key client/owner interface for the project. Repeat business.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, REVIT, Microsoft Office and various calculation packages such as Trace
- Experience in working with customers, consultants, clients, site investigations and construction review
- Excellent communication skills, both written/verbal, analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented
- LEED accreditation is an asset
- Leadership/People Management - involved with recruitment, retention, reviews, employee relations etc.
This position is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.