With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Civil Superintendent Foundations Construction
Reporting to the General Superintendent, you will support various shoring projects undertaken by the company including managing various construction sites, supervising multiple sub-contractors, and promoting the company's HSE policies throughout each project.
- Promote, monitor compliance and provide reporting per the project safety program and environmental protection requirements in co-operation with the Health & Safety Manager
- Adhere to the project budget and schedule, with the goal of outperforming.
- Ensure that while production targets are met, our promise to our client to provide a high-quality product is never compromised.
- Interact with personnel at all levels of the project and be able to propose creative project solutions when necessary, to get the job done safely, efficiently, and properly.
- Ensures all members of crew are trained and empowered to meet expectations
- Manage on-site construction teams and activities daily to provide technical direction, provide problem solving through best solutions, monitor equipment condition, application and use, and give support & guidance.
- Report to the General Superintendent and Project Manager; daily productions, quality control, development of trainees, equipment condition and schedule tracking.
- Work with project team to plan/schedule a work sequence to maximize the project potential.
- Act as a primary channel to resolving on-site issues and conflict efficiently and respectfully.
- Most importantly, train, coach and mentor all levels of shoring workers. Coach foremen to train and lead their own crews more effectively to build skilled and productive teams.
- Possess 7+ years in a Superintendent/Foreman role
- Thorough understanding of shoring methods applied under various soil & site conditions
- Thorough understanding of drilling methods
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
- Read and understand project specifications, engineering drawings and site instructions
- Experience communicating with clients to resolve issues and strengthen relationships
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail; the ability to recognize discrepancies and nonconforming work
- Able to perform basic operations in Microsoft Office
This position is located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format. Ensure you check your junk email folder for replies.