With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Operations Manager - Earthworks / Foundations
My client is in need of an Operations Manager who will provides overall leadership and responsibility for site operations and field personnel, typically involving project execution, production tracking and optimization. The Operations Manager works closely with the supervision and office staff (Superintendents, Project Managers, Estimators).
- Respond to customer needs
- Ensure project performance aligns with plan
- Develop improved processes
- Promote safety culture and ensure that all safety related items are dealt with promptly
- Lead the business culture to operate with safety, respect, professionalism, and efficiency.
- Support and live up to the company’s shared purpose, mission and values.
- Review the project scope, work with the project team to mitigate risks & enhance opportunities.
- Confirm technical approach by consulting with the Superintendents and Foremen.
- Participate in the tendering processes as needed, attend bid review meetings.
- Ensure schedule-driven, resource-loaded project execution plans are developed.
- Verify that the field operations have the facilities, materials, tools & resources to operate efficiently
- Review project financial forecasting reports with the Project Managers and, when needed, make adjustments to resourcing and equipment plans to enhance productivity.
- Work with the Project Manager and the Health and Safety team through site safety inspections, incident and near-miss reporting, development of site-specific instructions and general safe operating procedures.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Be accountable for project teams’ performance and results.
- Communicate regularly with clients, obtain feedback and focus on client satisfaction.
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of appropriate staffing resources, by coordinating with the General Manager, HR and the Superintendents.
- Coach and motivate team members.
- Pro-actively communicate with all parties involved for troubleshooting and during issue resolution stages, with the target of quickly reaching effective solutions and/or clarifications with a positive collaborative spirit.
- Attend the company’s corporate meetings when required.
- Contribute to the strategic planning processes for the business.
- Protect confidentiality of business, operational, financial, customer and employee information.
- Drive according to the rules and regulations and follow the company’s vehicle policy.
- Assist the General Manager with miscellaneous management tasks as needed (e.g., project management,
data tracking, financial analyses, client relationship, etc.)
- Successful track record of operational leadership combined with management responsibilities in a company providing project management and technical services.
- Degree or technical diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with appropriate experience
- Strong project financial management skills in a complex business
- Be able to develop strategies to support the achievement of operational and financial goals.
- Strong client orientation and confidence to establish immediate credibility.
- Leadership and team building skills and is an excellent communicator.
- Ability to manage a broad and diverse set of relationships and networks at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a high level of professionalism; responsible, and committed
This position is located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.
Ensure you check your junk email folder for replies.