With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Project Coordinator Utilities Earthworks Construction (Field Engineer)
Education: an Engineering Degree or Diploma in Civil or Geotechnical is an asset
- Review and understand drawings/specifications for all aspects of assigned Work
- Determine construction sequence from start to finish to cost effectively and safely construct the Work
- Field support in any capacity to facilitate construction well ahead of the Work and during the Work, ensuring a continuous and cost-effective workflow
- All aspects of project performance during the Work; startup, cost, schedule, change management, quality, safety, environmental, client interface, operations and closeout
- Schedule and cost, the Project Coordinator is responsible for meeting these targets
- Design/Specification/DB Contract detailed review and incorporation into work planning
- Start to finish construction sequence planning with Superintendent
- Detour design/Traffic Management planning with Traffic Manager and/or Detour Designer, ultimately ensuring traffic/detour plan is in place when needed
- Create detailed Workplan packages/binders for Superintendents/Crews
- Scheduling; daily, weekly, monthly, ensuring compliance with CP & corrective action regain CP
- Submittals: Materials, shop drawings, RFIs, survey requests etc.
- Permits/Approvals: Ensure all environmental, archaeological, third party etc. are in place
- Permanent material takeoff an Subcontractor management
- Quality control, ensuring crew follows Workplans/ITPs/Checklists
- Issue and manage subcontract tenders as required, reviewing tender packages and submit
- Real time project controls such as daily and monthly cost, cost to budget comparisons/reporting, schedule, progress payments and tracking
- Take project progress photos, prepare progress reports, assist with health and safety, quality, environmental, quantity measurement and other site documents
- Work with foremen and superintendents to ensure accurate completion of daily crew reports
- One stop shop for all technical issues encountered by crew: existing utility conflicts, grade busts, missing or inaccurate design, chance finds etc.
- Min of 3 years experience in field-based engineering support of construction (Utility Work, sanitary, sewer, storm, watermain etc.) on a Design-Build highway project in North America OR a min of 5 years experience, if that experience is similar to a Design-Build highway project, such as Bid-Build or smaller scale roadworks/utility heavy civil projects in the Lower Mainland
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Projects skills is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic - work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines finding solutions to problems
- Team player – must value the support of those around them and look for opportunities to help others
- Valid BC Drivers License
This position is located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.
Ensure you check your junk email folder for replies.