With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Construction Manager - Earthworks
My client is in need of a Construction Manager who will plan, organize, direct and have full control over all aspects of construction execution and corresponding project controls. Specifically, this means they are responsible for construction planning and execution, health and safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost/budget, design coordination/management, schedule, reporting (internal and external), client management and contract management. They will manage a site team of field and office staff.
- Cost Control
- Tracking cost versus budget, Cost to complete forecasts & Contract value/budget changes
- Base bid understanding and management;
- Produce monthly financial report & project/revenue job reconciliation report
- Determine and manage critical path
- Create and/or manage a resource loaded schedule
- Adjustment of construction plan, resources, or scope
- Produce monthly schedule updates, resource report and accompanying report
- Ensure scope execution is in full compliance with all parties
- Incident management
- Produce monthly HSE/Quality reports
- Project Engineering
- Ensure use of a robust project document control system, submittal system, job specific procurement process and log
- All submittals per contract and client requirements
- Design optimization/constructability reviews
- Temporary works/construction sequence plan and constructability reviews
- Human Resources
- CBA/BCIB process management
- Indigenous Participation Plan management and reporting
- Ensure field team is staffed correctly
- Vacation/project staffing and coverage
- Site logistics
- Construction plan and execution strategy; Resource tracking and planning
- Subcontractor management; Self-perform management
- Adherence to design, specification, and municipal or other requirements
- Cost and schedule control, understanding when and what changes to operations to make
- Field level change management and conflict/issue management
- Contract/Change Management
- Full comprehension/understanding of Contract Agreement
- Understanding and management of any/all situations of scope creep
- Claims and change management, directly dealing with senior management and stakeholders
- Change order pricing/estimating, tracking, processing, and close out
- Monthly progress billing and quantity claims
- Extensive experience in the civil construction industry (utilities, roadways, and earthworks)
- Ability to inspire and lead site teams (field and office) to achieve project objectives
- Excel under pressure and possess strong problem-solving skills with the ability to make key decisions with confidence
- Strong industry relationships, honest and straight forward in dealing with others
- Highly effective team builder and leader & able to manage a diverse set of relationships.
- Honest and straightforward in dealing with others and always acts with the utmost professional integrity
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience with cost control, schedule execution, and contract/change management
- MSP and Primavera
This position is located in Vancouver, BC Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.
Ensure you check your junk email folder for replies.