With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Mechanical Designer/Engineer – Building Services
My client provides a hands on environment, to be involved with projects from preliminary design to occupancy. This includes involvement in everything from client & consultant meetings, to site inspections. Participate in the design and implementation of a variety of mechanical projects including boiler and chiller replacement, data centre systems, radiant heating, steam systems, multi-unit residential, tenant improvements, industrial and kitchen ventilation, emergency generators, water and energy efficiency upgrades and overall building evaluation. This is a great opportunity to build valuable experience in a flexible and relaxed work environment.
Education: Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Working with the Principal Mechanical Engineer, actively participating in the development of mechanical system designs and schematics for building construction
- Prepare and modify system details, schematics, and notes
- Coordination with project team members, including external consultants to maintain current status of drawings
- Review contractor supplied shop drawings
- Conduct site investigations, contract administration and meeting management.
- Ensure project admin & filing of pertinent design information, sketches, & schematics
- Participates in project meetings with respect to the project, progress reporting, and the resolution of technical issues, when required
- 1-3 years of experience designing HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems
- Experience using AutoCAD, MS Office and HVAC load software, such as HAP
- Revit experience is an asset; willing to learn is a requirement.
- Strong communication skills and a strong attention to detail are essential.
- Experience with the application of relevant building design codes is essential.
- Experience creating tender document packages including drawings and specifications an asset.
- Experience with engineering software applications such as AutoCAD and Revit will be a definite asset.
This position is located in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.