With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Project Manager / Estimator – Civil Works
Our client is one of the Lower Mainland's leading and most highly respected construction companies. Due to continued growth within their Civil / Infrastructure division, they are seeking a Project Manager / Estimator.
Education: BCIT, University, or other Post-Secondary Civil Construction Education. Equivalent BC experience in the field will also be considered.
- Interpretation of tender documents, drawings, geotechnical reports;
- Completing detailed pipe, earthworks and gravel quantities through manual and computer-assisted take-off;
- Calculation of earth work quantities using our earthworks software;
- Obtaining quotes from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Site inspections;
- Completion of estimates using our estimating software;
- Preparation of proposal/quote letters
- Ordering materials and issuing purchase orders to suppliers and subcontractors;
- Preparation of Project Binders and conducting Project Kick-off meetings;
- Conformance with Health and Safety Policies including hazard Identification and mitigation.
- Assist with scheduling crews and subcontractors;
- Project cost control including budget monitoring and change order management.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience direct/hands-on civil project management experience (storm, sanitary, water, roads, earthworks, etc.),
- Knowledge of common contract conditions, soil conditions, and risks associated with civil projects,
- Ability to complete accurate quantity take-offs with minimal assistance,
- Strong computer skills, including estimating and earthworks software,
- Great team work and people skills,
- Well organized, detail orientated and able to handle several projects at once.
- Excellent/fluent spoken and formal written English
This position is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Please submit resumes to jobs.networkrecruiting.ca in word format.