With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Fire Protection Engineering Manager – Building Services
My client is a fully integrated building services consulting engineering services company with more than 50+ years of consulting experience. Through satisfied clients, they have achieved the ability to create a company atmosphere where loyalty, accuracy & diligence are fostered and rewarded.
Education: University degree in Fire Suppression design or other applicable area
- Manage and oversee Fire Suppression engineering projects of various sizes and complexity
- Analyze customer design proposals and specifications to determine cost effective solutions
- Implement company design and drafting standards
- Ensure professional quality services in all facets of work
- Coordinate fire suppression design requirements with external project consultants & contractors
- Manage the fire suppression design team to ensure technical accuracy, quality, cost effective, safe and timely completion of projects to meet or exceed client expectations; including the allocation of adequate resources, documentation and other factors necessary for success
- Prepare and review specification and concept reports
- Foster new business development opportunities and grow current business & client relationships
- Provide mentoring to technical staff, assigning duties as required
- Maintain project schedules and project cost summaries
- P.Eng. or eligibility for licensing in the province of BC
- 5+ yrs experience designing water based fire suppression systems (drawings & hydraulic calculations)
- Ability to read Architectural, Electrical, Structural and Mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of local building, fire codes, & NFPA codes 10, 13, 13R, 14, 20, 25, 30.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Familiar with the construction requirements of fire suppression systems
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods
- Performed detailed hydraulic calculations using a computer based software system
- Previous experience acting as Fire Protection Engineer of Record
- Knowledge in HVAC and Plumbing design, and Fire Alarm and Detection design
This position is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please submit resumes at jobs.networkrecruiting.ca.