With Network Recruiting, you'll have access to job openings that are not listed or advertised and our role is to get you thoroughly introduced.
Senior Project Manager/Project Manager - Electrical
Our client is a fully integrated mechanical and electrical consulting engineering services firm with offices across Canada. They take pride in offering clients engineering excellence through creative design, attentive service and a dedication to professionalism at every stage of their involvement.
Education: Electrical Engineering Degree; PEng
- Assist to develop system engineering concepts, concept reports and construction budgets
- Review and manages the design in terms of construction budgets.
- Perform, or arrange for, reviews of existing installation and interprets/manage the impact on the project.
- Prepare all calculations, delegating as appropriate. Select all equipment.
- Develop staffing requirement. Assign tasks to Designer and CAD operator; supervise delegated tasks for content and completion in assigned hours
- Fully understand Codes and Standards relevant for the project.
- Ensure proper coordination of documents with the internal and external project team.
- Fully understand project procurement methodologies and are able to recommend or apply such methods for the project.
- Responsible for reviewing all deliverables for the project whether reports, calculations, drawings, or/and specifications/shop drawings.
- Promote and enforce company standards relating to project administration, documentation and processes such as total quality management.
- Where requested act as the contract administrator for designated projects.
- Coordinate with the contract administration team.
- Prepare/review all change notices.
- Responsible for ensuring the internal project team discipline coordination processes are complete.
- Prepare and continually monitor a schedule of tasks required to complete the project.
- Capable to deliver presentations to client/owner.
- Attend client meetings and co-ordination meetings with design team
- Design and Implementation of lighting, power, fire alarm, telecommunications, security and other specialized electrical systems in commercial, institutional, municipal, multi-residential buildings etc.)
- 3+ years relevant working experience, in PM within the field of electrical building services
- Be a PEng, or able to qualify within one year
- A senior CET with equivalent experience and abilities will also be considered.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; able to deal with all types of people
- Experience working with customers, consultants, contractors and clients
- Analytical, thorough, resourceful and detail-oriented; strong problem solving skills
- LEED certification / experience implementing sustainable design projects is an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects & clients
- The amount of experience will adjust the level of responsibility
This position is located in Kelowna, BC
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org in word format.